Lea Schodel defines wealth as having an abundance of anything in our life that we truly value. This could be anything material, a resource, an experience, a person, or a feeling.
Wealth certainly isn’t limited to money, in fact, money is the smallest part of true wealth. There are many rich and miserable people, likewise, there are people who may not be financially buoyant but live very fulfilled lives. So, living a wealthy life is living a life that is complete with spiritual and emotional wellbeing, good health, good relationships and good finances.
To be able to live a wealthy life, you will need to create habits that create an environment for wealth to flow in your life. Habits are seen as minor things that don’t matter in the large scheme of things, but it is these habits that determine just how successful you will be in life. Anything you do consistently becomes who you are and what you focus on.
Here are 6 wealth-enabling habits to develop:
- Protect your mind: Determine not to focus on negativity and screen your mind from unproductive thoughts. Where your mind goes the rest of you will follow. So your mind sets the tone for everything else. Be disciplined about what you read, listen to and watch. Shut down anything that doesn’t align with creating productivity in your life.
- Never Stop Learning: Stay curious. Knowledge is what helps you create value and it’s the value you bring that drives wealth your way. Never come to the point where you think that you know all there is to know because if you do, that is when you stop growing. And in a world that’s moving as rapidly as ours, when you stop growing you don’t stand still, but actually, start moving backwards.
- Make good use of time: We all get 24hrs in a day, what makes the difference is what you choose to do with your time. You must be an expert in time management, be it at work or at home. Managing your time wisely is the difference between being a success and being a failure.
- Keep Good Company: Your life is a reflection of the people you choose to surround yourself with. Surround yourself with people who are motivated, intelligent, and positive. People who have the same values and goals as you, people you can learn from, and people who can hold you accountable.
- Create Healthy Habits: Take care of your body, it’s the only place you have to live. Eat healthily; drink lots of water, exercise and get a decent amount of rest. The benefits of good nutrition and exercise cannot be overstated, as good health underscores everything else.
- Create Healthy Financial Habits: Study the lives of wealthy people, what are their spending patterns? The wealthy don’t focus on showing off to others, but in creating structures that their descendants can deploy to continuously create wealth long after they’re physically able to do so. Simple steps you can start with are to always budget your finances, live on less than you earn, save, invest, and give to people around you. Let the world be a better place because of the resources you have access to.